Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Flickr Update: Star Trek plate

Just one lonely photograph, but I was pretty excited when I arrived home tonight, as my Star Trek collector's plate came in the mail! Sure it's just eight inches in diameter, and made of plastic, but you don't have one do you? That's what I thought!

StarTrek_04

As you can see, I stay true to my collector's OCD by not removing it from the sealed plastic (just like before, and before again). Like I said before, it's average size, and made of plastic, but what you can't see from the photo is that the central image is actual a lenticular print of the Enterprise coming at you; nothing amazing, but I just thought I'd let you know.

To get the plate I sent in two "proof of purchase tokens" from the back off Kellogg's Eggo products, with a (I believe) $3.99 check which included shipping. So all in all, it was about $8 for what I guess should be considered a collector's item, and who knows what it'll be worth in the distant future...

No comments: