Friday, June 5, 2009

After Thoughts: E3 2009 - Day 3

For my full impressions and photos of games I played today (including the new PSP Go, Lost Planet 2, and Dead Space: Extraction), be sure to check out my exclusive articles on Gamers Platform.

Well, today finished up my first E3 experience. I didn't do too much today, as I had already seen most of what there was, but I did get a chance to have a nice lunch with Bill Roper as he went over Champions Online, which was pretty cool.

Overall, E3 was pretty cool, and definitely something I would want to do again, but it didn't seem to live up to my expectations, although that would probably be impossible to do. While there were some pretty cool games at the show, there was nothing that really blew me away or any super surprises, so that may have had something to do with it. I mean, it's not like a new console was released or anything.

Also, I learned too late that you really need to set up special appointments to get the opportunity to play the best games, that were kept in back rooms and things of that nature, so by the time I tried, it was too late.

But yeah, it was a great experience, with lots to do and take in. There were some lines at some games, but it really wasn't that bad overall. There were plenty of opportunities to check everything out and there was a ton to see, with a great environment. Hopefully by the time next year comes around, I'll be more prepared and can take in the full experience. That would be something, and may take a couple weeks to recoup from.

For my previous recaps of E3 2009 be sure to check out After Thoughts for Day 0, Day 1, and Day 2.

1 comment:

Wade said...

Damn, really? I was overly impressed with E3 this year. Compared to last year, it is like heaven!

Nintendo actually had a good show this year, and Natal absolutely blew me away when I saw it!

Can't wait 2 see what they throw at us next year!