Wednesday, June 3, 2009

After Thoughts: E3 2009 - Day 1

For full impressions and photos, be sure to check each game's respective link to Gamers Platform (where you will find more photos and impressions for games not listed as well; I can only type so much).

Hello again; this is Zach reporting live from E3. As you can see, it's late, and I'm tired, and I have to get up in a few hours and head back to the convention center to see all the stuff I didn't get a chance to today. It's a lot of stuff too, that I need to see...still, I saw and played a ton of stuff today.

I don't want to laundry list anything, but I will; On the Nintendo side of things, I got to play some New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports Resort, Zelda: Spirit Tracks, and Sin and Punishment 2, to name a few. For the Xbox 360, I took a look at Halo 3: ODST, Left 4 Dead 2, and a few other treasures. I didn't get a chance to look at too much for Sony, but I did play some Uncharted 2 multiplayer, as well as some MAG.

Then of course there is third party material, like Red Steel 2 and The Conduit, along with countless other titles.

Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself, and need to mention that I went to the Nintendo Conference, which was quite the interesting event. They announced some decent games, along with a shocker or two, like the vitality peripheral and Team Ninja Metroid game; one good, one not so much; can you guess which is which?

After that event, I headed over to the convention center and boy o boy, you have never seen more people. The place was packed; it was crazy. I have pics, but won't upload them until later. Anyways, the place finally opens and we all run in to be the first in line to check out our favorite games. Luckily, the crowd was split between the South and West halls, and the lines for any one game weren't too long at all; I was quite surprised actually as I didn't have to wait over an hour for any game, as opposed to those horror stories you hear where the line winds around the entire hall.

Anyways, I had a great, long day and I plan to do the same tomorrow. I can't wait. Stay tuned to see what kinds of games I play tomorrow, like God of War III, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Forza 3, and many, many more. Get ready, it's coming!

For yesterday's After Thoughts see E3 2009 - Day 0

No comments: