Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I too have beat MGS4

After a grueling struggle of BS in a later part of the game, I have soldiered on and finally beat Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. And I must say, I am pleased. Not one time was a annoyed, bothered, upset or had any negative feelings towards the final moments of the give, both played and viewed. In fact, there's a welcome surprise at every turn and it almost puts a tear to your eye.

I've waited so long just to play this game, I even spent over $500 for a system just to have it, I'm that committed to this series. There is no doubt in my mind, this is by far one of the best games I have ever played, and every penny earned and spent was worth it. If you have a Playstation 3, and don't have Metal Gear Solid 4 (for whatever sadistic reason you may have..) you need to buy it and play it through now. If you don't have a Playstation 3, I'm sorry, there's no way around that; there are moments in the game (that I wont say exactly what for spoiler reasons) that clearly point out that this game isn't heading anywhere else.

Wherever Hideo Kojima plans to take this series, I'm sure it'll be in good thoughts to the fans. But if he plans to move on from Metal Gear (and not letting anyone else touch it, I hope) I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

And if you care, I completed the game in 21:14:13 at an 'Eagle' rank on Naked Normal difficulty.

This really is hard for me though, Metal Gear coverage has been a huge chunk of what this blog has become. Without a new title insight, I guess we'll have to finally find something else to talk about.

Stay tuned though, I'm going to start work on the Metal Gear Solid 4 / Metal Gear Online review, as well as a long awaited review for Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. And coming soon, another installment of VFH Originals!

No comments: