Well, as everyone remembers, Nintendo didn't do so hot at E3 in terms of pleasing their fans and showing of games to excite the hardcore crowd. But this year is a new year isn't it? ... isn't it?!
This years show opened up with Ms. Smiles herself, Cammie Dunaway, talking about how Nintendo is for everyone; and reinforced "innovation". But then it was time to put up:
New Super Mario Bros Wii
- 4 Players (Mario, Luigi, 2 Toads)
- Pop-in/out co-op
- Wiimote, NES style controls
- New 'Propeller Suit'
- Worldwide release Holiday 2009
Wii Fit Plus
- Make your own workouts
- 15 new balance games
- Available Fall 2009, with or without Balance Board
Wii Sports Resort
- Includes basketball, archery, golf, kayaking, and more.
- Skydiving intro mini-game
- Releasing July 26th
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
-Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
- North America and Europe release in Fall
Golden Sun DS
- Yes, you just read that
- Completely 3D
James Patterson's Women's Murder Club
- From THQ for DS
- Mystery solving, puzzles
- Seems lame
C.O.P. The Recruit
- From Ubisoft for DS
- GTA console style gameplay
- Girls Mode for US release
- ... I'm not covering this
Nintendo DSi promo video with people you don't want to watch.
- aka Moving Memo
- coming this summer
Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again
- Fully user created levels
- Share levels online
- DSiWare title, available this Monday
- "Do it yourself"
- Make your own mini-games, share online
Nintendo DSi update
- Photo upload to Facebook
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
- ... only mentioned?!
- Playable on show floor at least
Iwata comes out to talk about gamers, difficulty levels, and like topics.
Wii Vitality Sensor
- A pulse sensor for your finger, connects to Wiimote
- Looks like the same pulse sensor you'd use at a hospital
- No actual use of the device shown
Super Mario Galaxy 2
- First 3D Mario sequel for one system
- Includes Yoshi gameplay
- Looks as good, if not, better than the first game
Reggie comes out to talk about third party games
- The Conduit (Sega), Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (Capcom), and Dead Space Extraction (EA).
Metroid: Other M
- Nintendo and Team Ninja project
- Combines 3D, 2.5D and first person
- Set for 2010
Sin & Punishment 2 is playable at the show, but go no mention at the conference ... what gives? But seriously, even though this was a much better show than last year's Wii Music debacle, I didn't leave as excited as I was with Microsoft's conference, and I'm far from a Microsoft fan. None the less, I was pleasantly surprised by Golden Sun DS, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and I'm now super interested in Metroid: Other M.