Friday, May 29, 2009

Toy Story 3 teaser trailer

With Disney/Pixar's Up releasing in theaters today, it now means we can already look forward to the studio's next film, Toy Story 3, the sequel to Toy Story 2 and Toy Story (go figure).



As usual for Pixar teasers, the trailer doesn't actually feature any footage from the film, but it still let's you see the old characters back in action. I'm curious as to how this will fair, as it's Pixar second sequel (after Toy Story 2), and then their next project after this is Cars 2 (set for early 2011). Which means there won't be anything "new", in terms of characters and/or franchises, out of the studio until late 2011 when The Bear and the Bow releases; excluding their short films of course.

I was a big fan of WALL-E, and I'm looking forward to seeing Up, but I'm not sure how I feel about another Toy Story (or another Cars at that). There's just something very ... "DreamWorksy" about relying on old franchises, and I'll be honest, that's not a good thing in my opinion, not at all. But maybe it's too early to judge now, we'll see come 2010 I guess.

No comments: