Saturday, November 29, 2008

Blur, including Coxon, are reuniting

3:00 AM is never too late (or too early?) for Blur news! Even if it may be a few days late ... NME reports that the groups' front man, Damon Albarn, stated before the playing of his Chinese opera, Monkey: Journey to the West, that:

"Blur are certainly going to rehearse and see if we're into it,"

This statement comes just a month after Albarn stated that he and guitarist Graham Coxon had rekindled their relationship, stating that a Blur reunion was a possibility. That article can also be found at NME.com

I really hope this works out, I can't tell you how much I've been waiting for new material after 2003's virtually Coxon-less, Think Tank. Especially with EMI dropping Coxon before his seventh solo album, I've been going through Blur withdrawal. Don't get me wrong, as a fan of Oasis as well, it's nice to see that the 'Brit-pop' thing is still going strong; I just want to hear new material from the other side of the battlefield.

No comments: