Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Domo-kun comes stateside

I'm sorry if this is old to some of you but its new to me. I remember reading back in ... 2006? That Nickelodeon had acquired the rights to NHK's Domo-kun, and was going to produced 26 shorts with the character. Now as far as I know, Nickelodeon has yet to air these, but it looks like something has come out of Domo's localization, as Target is using the character to promote Halloween. The first of this can be seen here:

Click here to see it at Veoh; removed due to annoying auto-play, sorry.

It's definitely got the look of the original Japanese version, but there is a US kind of style to it, I can't quite put my finger on it but it's there. I'd be really curious to see where they take this though, as I've been a long time fan of the character, I just hope they don't bastardize him..

You can watch more, and do a whole bunch of community related activities at the official US website, DomoNation.com

No comments: