Thursday, December 31, 2009

VFH in 2010

As this decade comes to a close, I've been finding myself reflecting on the last five years I've spent running VFH. The content, the writers, the look, all of that stuff has been changing, and 2010 will be no different. I mean it, especially since I've been considering giving the site a complete makeover for the new year. Nothing is set in stone, but I'm looking at creating a new layout, banner, and maybe even a new look for our mascot, Viewbear.

But other than just the appearance, I'm looking to continue our trend of being less of a news site, and focusing more on unique reviews and content. Features such as multi-writer reviews, so that you can get opinions on games/movies/music/TV shows/books from two or more different points of view (Though to keep in mind, This Week in Lost and FlashForward are already this way). More and better video content, with hopefully more HD footage than what's been uploaded lately. And perhaps just more writing in general if the right people come forward (more on that, literally next year).

I know it's a lot of talk with nothing to show for it, but stick around with us for the next year and I'm sure it will all be worth it. Thanks!

No comments: