Monday, November 9, 2009

Them Crooked Vultures

Them Crooked Vultures, a super-group consisting of Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters), Josh Homme (Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age), and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) are finally releasing their self-titled debut album next week. But, if you can't wait till then to listen to the album, the band have thankfully uploaded all the track onto their YouTube channel. And NME.com even more thankfully put them all embedded onto one page for easy listening.

I haven't been following the band too much since their announcement, because while I do like Dave Grohl's work, and I like Led Zeppelin, I can't say I'm a big fan of the bands that Josh Homme has been in, let alone his vocals. It's not that I dislike Homme, but I just never found his stuff overly appealing to listen to on my free time.

But, I will say, from what I've heard so far, this album is quite good, and really sounds like a combination of all the bands these guys have been with; but its more of Queens of the Stone Age with a Led Zeppelin jam sound. Well, I'm going to continue listening to this, Them Crooked Vultures' debut album, Them Crooked Vultures, releases next Tuesday. Maybe there will even be a review then!

No comments: