Thursday, October 8, 2009

This Week in Fringe - 10/8/09

I was starting to lose faith in this show, keyword: was. I guess it was a good thing my hopes weren't up prior to watching this?... I may need to rethink that statement.

Episode 4 - "Momentum Deferred"

Is this it? Yes, it looks like, after three episodes this season, Fringe is finally going to focus on the events of Season One's awesome, but mysterious finale. Seems so, but that's not all, there also seems to be more of the "shape shifters" from this season's first episode, but now they're sporting mercury-like blood. So really, the episode finally bridges reveal of this season (fake Charlie and the shape shifters) with the reveal of last season's finale (William Bell and the alternate universe), and it's awesome long before it even ends.

So, if you can't tell by my tone in comparison to the three previous reviews this season, I am extremely pleased with this week's episode. I mean, now the season two premiere makes sense, I finally got to see Leonard Nimoy being awesome again, and overall the episode brought back that sense of overbearing mystery that this season had seemed to have been lacking. It's like, we were purposely given three bad episodes in order to make this one seem so much sweeter. The question now is, can the rest of the season hold up just as well?

Overall Score: 9/10

Missed the episode? Watch it on Hulu

No comments: