Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Power Flash Girls

Remember the other day when I posted about the Powerpuff Girls' 10th Anniversary? The one with the brand new episode? The one I was curious about as to whether it would be made like the old episodes or be Flash animated like Craig McCracken's current series, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends? Well I got my answer in this video from Cartoon Network:

Powerpuff Girls' 10th Anniversary Preview

Straight from McCracken's mouth he says that the new episode, "The Powerpuff Girls Rule!!!", is being animated by the Foster's Flash animation unit; thus ending my speculation. Can't say I'm overly pleased by this, despite McCracken's claim that, "It's gonna look really cool."

It's not that Flash animation is bad, but a lot of studios tend to use it as a cheap way of production instead of treating the program as digital paper. I'll have to be the judge come Monday night though, maybe you'll watch it too?

No comments: