Saturday, January 24, 2009

Goodbye, Sony DSC-T1

PPG_05
PPG_05,
originally uploaded by VFH.
There it is, the last photo taken on my Sony DSC-T1 digital camera. For those unaware, the DSC-T1 was Sony's first ultra-thin compact camera, a.k.a. Cybershot, released in 2004. I got it back when it first released, so it's lasted decently long for new technology. Basically what happened is the charge-coupled device (CCD) died. The CCD is what enables the camera to see, so without that, there's no photo, just a black screen. In recent weeks I had been getting odd scan lines on my screen, but then today it went black. I can see the menus and previous photos fine however, so I know it's not the screen's fault.

Well, at least it lasted me four years, right? Technology...

Note, this is my first post directly from Flickr. Just trying out the feature.

No comments: