Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bruce Campbell: Action Figure

In promotion for his new movie, My Name Is Bruce, Dark Horse Comics will be releasing a 12" Bruce Campbell action figure. Yeah, you read right, and it's going to cost $89.99 when it releases on April 15th, 2009. Why? Because the figure is specifically designed to look like Bruce Campbell, including props from the actual film. But I'll let Dark Horse explain in better detail:

"The fully articulated doll is formed from a 3-D scan of Campbell himself. Besides a custom fabric miniature version of his actual Hawaiian shirt, which was loaned to us by Mr. Campbell, proving that he's the kind of partner who would "give you the shirt off his back," an array of movie-specific accessories are included.

Two of these are miniature "angel" and "devil" versions of Mr. Campbell. They attach to his shoulders using hidden magnets. Additionally, we have

- Shemps Olde Tyme Whiskey

- A Bruce collectible toy in melted package

- Refreshing Lemon Drink bottle

- A miniature Chins book

- A big honkin' gun with price tag still attached"


While I have to admit, I am eager to see My Name Is Bruce, as a fan of the Evil Dead films and just Bruce Campbell in general, I can't see myself shilling out $90 for a figure ... no matter how awesome looking.

No comments: