Friday, October 31, 2008

King of the Hill canceled

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this, but I figured I should report it anyways. After 13 seasons, Fox has decided not to renew Mike Judge's animated series King of the Hill. I never really got into the show to really give an opinion on it, but from what I saw it wasn't terrible, and definitely has its moments. I'm sure it will be a loss to someone.

The part that really upsets me is the fact that it got canceled, and now Seth "I'm a smug bastard" MacFarlane will have three shows running on the network: Family Guy, American Dad, and the new Family Guy spin-off, The Cleveland Show. Seriously, how is it that a guy that got canceled 5 years ago is suddenly loved so much by the same network? Yet, Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons and Futurama, gets one of his shows canceled and despite finally receiving direct-to-DVD movies, the network refuses to air the show on their own channel. Seriously, why does everyone love Seth MacFarlane?! It's nonsense!

Anyways, with King of the Hill canceled, Mike Judge will now solely be focused on his new animated series, The Goode Family, which will premiere on ABC in March 2009.

via HollywoodReporter.com

1 comment:

Hampig said...

Because Family Guy's funny. American dad I could do without tho...