Friday, October 31, 2008

Classic VFH goes dead

This is pretty annoying, but for the last couple of weeks we've been having errors with Classic VFH. First I couldn't change the Anime images, then I couldn't edit PC reviews, and yesterday it stopped letting me add boxart. Well today it's dead. When trying to access the site you will now receive a message like:

"I cannot connect to the database because: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13)"

I can't really say what this means for all of those reviews, as I just don't know right now. And I really hope this is nothing like the server crash we had back in 2006, where 3 of my biggest reviews, as well as a few from other writers were lost entirely. For now, until I see that the site is back up and running, all new game reviews will be appearing here at the Blog. It won't be a great system, but it's what we'll have to deal with. I may have to create special post that will to all of the reviews by platform (if this becomes the new system).

Sorry for the trouble.

1 comment:

Hampig said...

A moment of silence for classic.



Rest in peace... : (