Saturday, July 26, 2008

SDCC - Goodbye Foster's

Some pretty bumming news from the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends panel at the San Diego Comic-Con. ToonZone reports that the series will be ending next year, in it's sixth and final season. There will be a 3 part movie called "Destination Imagination" and 5 final episodes ending it "Goodbye to Bloo".

I'll say I'm pretty sad to see the show ending so soon, but even my favorite, Camp Lazlo ended just a couple months ago; and both premiered around the same time. But I think Cartoon Network themselves is to blame, lately they've been showing almost no original programming. Instead they've been outsourcing from Canada's Teletoon to give us awful shows like Johny Test, Skunk Fu!, George of the Jungle, and Total Drama Island; all of which clog the schedule, leaving no room for original programming. In fact the only original shows airing currently are Chowder, The Misadventure's of Flapjack, Ben 10: Alien Force, and Transformers Animated, all of which only have a handful of episodes to constantly re-air.

via ToonZone

1 comment:

Hampig said...

Nooo! I loved that show. : (

Wont lie though, flapjack has won me over.