Friday, December 10, 2010

Conan offers a glimpse of Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Last night on Conan, he visited Warner Bros. Animation to basically ridicule them about DC effeminate character designs. But then he met with DC Animated Universe pioneer, Bruce Timm... and I noticed something in the background:


Here's a couple of screenshots:





After a bit of research, I found out that there was an under the radar announcement of the series all the way back in May, and that it would premiere on Cartoon Network sometime after the big Hollywood film starring Ryan Reynolds.

But still, when I saw this on TV I was giddy as hell because Green Lantern has long been my favorite DC superhero, and having grown-up on Batman: The Animated Series and Superman: The Animated Series, one can only hope that this new show follows in their footsteps and returns DC animation back to Bruce Timm's DCAU.

Not that there's anything wrong with shows like Teen Titans or Batman: The Brave and the Bold (the latter of which I really enjoy), but some shows I could never really get on-board with, i.e. The Batman and The Legion of Superheroes, and while the Young Justice pilot movie was okay, I still don't like the look of it. Regardless, color me excited!

No comments: