Friday, November 19, 2010

This Week in Fringe - 11/18/10

What's that? A reused scenario from a previous season? We must be in the alternate universe this week!

Episode 7 - "The Abducted"

So yeah, it appears some old guy wants to stay young, and Olivia knows how to solve the crime, more or less, from her past experience with the same thing. Through her help in solving the crime, she gains Broyles' allegiance, which will undoubtedly come in handy in the fight to come. Obviously, Walternate doesn't like her very much, and she went ahead and got herself captured. You know, because it would be hard to find another big thing of water to transport from ............ yeah. But with Broyles on her side, perhaps she can escape.

Also on the plus side, she managed to get a message out to Peter, so it'll be interesting to see what he does with it, and how he deals with faux-Olivia. Other than that though, the story was okay. Creepy old man abducting kids, because some clergyman went crazy with power after his wife died. I don't know. Engaging enough.
Zach's Score: 8/10

JDW says: Agreed, the episode was certainly engaging. I'd actually say that about all of the Other Side episodes, they're much more interesting and engaging. I'm glad that there's actually some character developement, with the increased dickishnes of Walternate, Broyle's every changing thoughts on his position and who he really trusts, and bringing back that cab driver whose name I don't remember, but he's a nice guy so I guess that's redeeming.... (I'll be honest, I keep putting of the review, so I'm phoning it in, but I really did enjoy this episode.)

And maybe I'm alone on this, but I totally hate the Peter/Olivia in-love thing going on, so I'm really curious to see how next week's episode pans out.... oh wait... the show is on another hiatus for two weeks because of Thanksgiving. THANKS AMERICAN TRADITIONS!
JDW's Score: 8/10

Overall Score: 8/10

Missed the episode? Watch it on Hulu

No comments: