Thursday, July 8, 2010

This Week in Futurama - 7/8/10

After an abysmal episode last week (I wasn't alone, I read other reviews too, you know..) can Futurama return to its old hilarious? Or was last week a sign of what's to come for the rest of this season?

Episode 4 - "Proposition Infinity"

First things first, this episode is definitely better than last week's, just to get that out of the way. When Kif gets upset with Amy's obsession for bad boys, the separate and she leaves him for.... Bender! "But I thought Bender hated when Fry had a 'robo-sexual' relationship back in that one episode?" Yeah, well, don't tell me, this is what happened.

Anyways, without saying much, the jokes are memorable and actually funny this week, and George Takei even shows up, which is always awesome, because just before that happened there was another Star Trek reference... And as I complained with last week's stupid-tech humor, this week returned to the inside-joke nerd humor that I've always loved from the show, so I'm glad to see that last week's piss-poor episode was just a seemingly one-time case. I don't really have much to say else wise, but I definitely enjoyed this one, and would gladly watch it on repeat like have with the old episodes for years.

Overall Score: 8.5/10

No comments: