Thursday, July 23, 2009

SDCC 09: TRON: Legacy

Some news from this year's San Diego Comic-Con, not that any of us are there, but none less I got some press stuff from Walt Disney Pictures tonight, and two pictures sparked some interest so I thought I'd share.


TRON: Legacy promotional image


Disney 3D panel with TRON: Legacy footage behind them.

Okay, so it's just two things, and they're both TRON related... But I'm eagerly excited to see some real footage of this project soon. Not to mention, I'm happier they went with a name like TRON: Legacy instead of TR2N or TRON 2.0 (which was already used on video games). It's only a matter of time before the Comic-Con footage comes online, and I just hope I get some HD files instead of relying on people's blurry camera videos.

TRON: Legacy is set for a 2010 release, in digital 3D, with a soundtrack scored by Daft Punk. So yes, this a serious project for Disney, despite the goofy "legacy" the original 1982 film has left on the pop-culture world. Needless to say, I'm excited!

No comments: