Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Linkin Park, That's Enough

Today while browsing NeoGaf I stumbled upon a very interesting post that really shocked me quite a few times. The name of the thread was "Youtube your favourite game + Linkin Park". Now I'm not a big Linkin Park fan at all, but I think they have a few good songs. At first I thought maybe I'd go in and only find a few videos, get a good laugh, then leave. God, I was wrong.

I don't know what it is that motivates every existing human to use Linkin Park in their game videos, but this needs to stop. It is so wrong. Some of these videos... I... well... seriously?

Need more convincing?





This next video, one for Okami, the creator states in the info that "it was really hard to mix linkin park with okami". So I have to ask, why did you do it?!



You see, it is up to you to stop this. Friends don't let friends make Linkin Park game videos. Friends don't let friends make Linkin Park anything, please.

I challenge you. Think of 5 games right now. Search all 5 plus Linkin Park, for every game searched without a Linkin Park video you get a point. Can you get 5? Is it possible?

More:
Tales of Symphonia
Link's Crossbow Training
Nintendogs
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers ... no, my childhood. : (
Arkanoid
Little Big Planet
Hardcore Kid Icarus
Wii, yes, the console
Wii Fit


Now, how to do it right, be creative.
I hope you learned something from this kids.
Although, I won't deny that the Pikmin one made me laugh. I just wish that even if only for humanity's sake that was the desired effect...

No comments: