The first real expansion for Metal Gear Online has been announced, and it's called the "Gene Expansion". What you'll get in the pack, of which the price is unknown, is:
- Three New Maps
- Coppertown Conflict / City of Sorrow
- Tomb of Tubes / Underground Waterway
- Virtuous Vista / South American Power Station
- Two New Playable Characters
- Meryl Silverburgh
- Johnny (Akiba)
- only playable at random (works like MGS3's Online)
- Female characters
- You will be given an extra character slot if you would like to create a new female/male soldier.
- New Game Modes
- Survival Mode
- Reward Shop; Reward Points earned in Survival can be used to get new gear for your characters.
It all sounds interesting, but there's no price shown, and despite what the website says, it's not available at the MGO Online Shop. Because, if you are yet to notice, MGO does not use the PSN, so all transactions must be made through Konami...
Info via Metal Gear Online Official Website