Sunday, July 13, 2008

Marvelous and XSEED: The E3 story

Marvelous and XSEED announced their E3 lineup, which is very impressive in my opinion. Here's the rundown:

Avalon Code DS is a action rpg, which sounds quite interesting to me. The game is going to feature the ability "modify the rules of engagement during battle as well as weapon and monster attributes.". While It's not specified as to really to what extent you are able to modify these things, or any other details really, I could still see this being very interesting. I'll be looking for it in the flood of E3 info.

The second game mentioned is one I have been excited about since I got the first installment; Rune Factory: Frontier Wii. This Harvest Moon spin-off will feature a open-ended structure, improved graphics, and innovative controls. Oh Rune Factory, you had me at Harvest Moon spin-off.

Now I know I have said I'm excited for both games so far, but this one I really cannot wait for, this is on of my most anticipated games for the rest of 08, Little Kings Story Wii, the game previously known as Project O looks to have a crazy gameplay mix of life-simulation, real-time strategy, and adventure all presented in a story book/colored pencil art style. It looks completely stunning. Graphically and gameplay wise. I look forward to managing my townspeople and building one kick ass town this winter.

Valhalla Knights 2, (Psp) is a action rpg sequel to Valhalla Knights, with more spells, items, races, classes, all surrounding a new story. The standout feature of this sequel seems to be the 2 player co-op tho.

Populous DS is god sim game, based on the original PC game. Utilizing both screens, as well as touch control you will take control of 5 unique elementally imbued gods. Both single and 4 player multiplayer are included. Sounds pretty neat, while I've never played any of the games in the series, I personally liked black and white, so here's to hoping its somewhat like that.

Korg DS-10
is to be a music creation program designed after the Korg MS-10 music synthesizer. The press release states that no effort was spared in the replication of creating high quality sounds. The touch screen is going to be utilized to get the control as close to authentic as possible and up to 8 DS units can be connected via LAN to play together or exchange sounds. The game will be released this fall.

The final game listed is Retro Game Challenge. The game is touted as having progression via story, and short challenges in a variety of fictional retro-games. Shooting, racing, RPG, action, all the classic genres. It's reviewed at 33/40 in Famitsu, this looks like it should be quite a bit of fun. It's the game based off Game Center CX, which apparently is coming here as Retro Game Master.

There you have it, a fairly solid E3 lineup. Hopefully all of these games deliver! So many great games are coming out lately, the ratio of money to games is not looking good for me at the moment. I'll have a ton of catch up to play next year.

Image via IGN

1 comment:

Fastbet said...

Great blog! I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the information are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which really should do the trick! Have a nice day! Berita Bola