Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rune Factory 2

I'm sure this has gone under most of your radars, but being the big Harvest Moon fan I am I've kept a close eye on this. Seeing as the original Rune Factory is one of my favorite DS games I am very excited about the sequel, supposedly due out this fall. Knowing marvelous' release history on harvest moon games and the sort, I would not hold my breath on that.

First of all, for those of you that are not familiar with Rune Factory, it is a spin-off of the Harvest moon series in which you farm, get married, interact with fellow villagers, and in what is the biggest departure from the Harvest Moon games; battle your way through dungeons with various weapons and spells. It's very addicting and more than worth a try.

From the press release by Natsume on the some points of interest, "Over the course of the story, players will build and develop a farm, befriend townspeople, raise monsters, take on quests, and find a wife. Rune Factory 2 offers innovative Touch Screen controls, easy-to-use menus, and an all-new compelling storyline."

Anyways, I bring this game to light because new details have recently surfaced which quite frankly have me pretty excited. Apparently when you grow old and die in the game, you will take on the role of your son. While this may not sound like too big of a deal, anyone who has played Harvest Moon knows that once your child reaches the toddler stage its growth ends. So hopefully this adds even more longevity, such as the chance to go through a whole second marriage, or other such things which come with being new to the farm. While wording suggests that you will only be able to play through two generations, further details on this element of gameplay are not known at this time, but you will know as soon as I do!

screens via GamesPress

No comments: